About

Chitokoloki Mission has been in existence since 1914 when missionaries first settled there having travelled up the Zambezi River by barge. In the early days the access to the site was only via the Zambezi River on barges coming from Victoria Falls and the trip would take upwards of 6 weeks. The activities of the Mission developed at different stages, it was initially active as a Teacher training school, later a radio studio was part of the Mission, then local public schools were established and later the Leprosy Colony followed by the general hospital.

The Missions’ Goal continues to be what it was from the beginning, to share the Gospel and demonstrate the Love of God to all who come, whether it be for Spiritual, Emotional or Physical need, to be a help and encouragement to the local Churches and individual Christians and most important that all that is done, may be to the Honour and Glory of the Lord’s Name.